ICE trains offer a variety of services for passengers. There is space for your luggage and if you want to take your pet with you on your journey, the great news is you can.
Luggage can be stored in the racks above your seat on ICE trains.
Each passenger is allowed 2 bags/suitcases plus 1 piece of hand luggage.
All items of luggage must be labelled.
You can take pets on board. Here’s what you’ll need to know if you are thinking of taking a pet on an ICE train:
- Passengers are allowed a maximum of 2 dogs or 2 pet carriers
- Small domestic animals (up to the size of a cat) travel free. They must be in a suitable pet carrier, no bigger than 45x30x25cm and no heavier than 6kg
- Large dogs can travel for the full child fare (which is 50% of the adult fare). They must be muzzled and kept on a lead. They must not travel on the seats
- Animals other than this, which are not in a carrier, are not permitted on board
- Guide dogs travel for free and do not need a ticket or a muzzle
How do I book a ticket for my pet?
A reservation may need to be made locally so please phone the call centre or visit the Travel Centre in London for advice.
There are facilities on board ICE trains for disabled passengers. Here’s what you can expect:
- Spaces for wheelchair-bound passengers and their travel companions
- Specially designed wider doors to allow wheelchairs easy access on board
- Disabled toilets
- Wheelchair lifts on all trains
If you have special travel needs or need to book a wheelchair space please advise us before you book. You can either call our call centre or visit the Travel Centre in London.
You can take bicycles on board an ICE train as long as they are folded away in a bike bag.
If you’d like to take a bike that doesn’t fold away, you may want to consider the luggage courier service. Your bike will be delivered to your destination for a charge of (currently) €25.80.
There’s a bar buffet car on board the ICE where you can buy drinks and hot or cold meals. Plus many trains also have an on-board restaurant and bar where you can sit down to eat.
First Class passengers can order meals at their seat.